Dr Sarvajit Biligere is a Senior Resident Physician with the Division of Urology, Department of General Surgery in Ng Teng Fong General Hospital. He graduated from St. John's Medical College, Bangalore in 2007. He subsequently obtained his Master of General Surgery in 2012 from Coimbatore Medical College. He also received his post graduate surgical degree from the Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh in 2015.
Dr Sarvajit completed an Advanced Laparoscopic course in Urology in 2016 from IRCAD-Taiwan. He completed his training in Urology in 2019 at Ng Teng Fong General Hospital and was awarded his Diploma in Urology from the Academy of Medicine, Singapore.
He also completed an Observership at Asian Institute Of Nephro-Urology, Hyderabad, India in 2019. He has been working as a Senior Resident Physician at NTFGH, Urology since 2020.
Dr Sarvajit's specialty interests are in Endourology – kidney stone disease, Benign prostate hyperplasia (BPH) and minimally invasive surgery for Prostate cancer and kidney cancer. He has also had specialty training in NTFGH in Anatomic Endoscopic Laser enucleation of prostate (AEEP/HoLEP) for BPH.
Having a key interest in education, Dr Sarvajit is a Clinical Teacher and Clinical Practice Facilitator at the LKC school of Medicine. He is an active participant in International urological conferences having presented multiple posters and papers. He has also authored multiple publications in peer reviewed journals.
Beyond clinical work, Dr Sarvajit has played a vital role as a subject matter expert in the development of a national electronic medical records system (NGEMR) and image capturing systems for endoscopy – LUMENS. In this field, he serves as a Department Electronic Medical Records IT champion and as a Specialist Training Specialists (STS) for LUMENS.
1. Biligere S, Heng CT, Cracco C, Mangat R, Ong CS, Thandapani K, Inoue T, Sarica K, Sabnis RB, Desai M, Scoffone C, Gauhar V. Tips and Tricks to Improve Ergonomics, Efficacy, Versatility, and Overcome Limitations of Micro Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy. Front Surg. 2021 May 19;8:668928. doi: 10.3389/fsurg.2021.668928. PMID: 34095208; PMCID: PMC8170413.
2. Gauhar, Vineet & Biligere, Sarvajit & Swaminathan, Girider & Goh, Ruo & Heng, Chin. (2017). Pd16-02 Modified Ergonomic Lithotripsy (MEL): A prospective single centre study demonstrating a novel method for Retrograde Intrarenal Surgery (RIRS) to achieve high stone free rates without surgeon fatigue. The Journal of Urology. 197. e347. 10.1016/j.juro.2017.02.836.
3. Ong, Chloe & Biligere, Sarvajit & Mangat, Reshma & Thandapani, Karthik & Heng, Chin & Desai, Mahesh & Sabnis, Ravindra & Sarica, Kemal & Scoffone, Cesare & Gauhar, Vineet. (2020). Micro endoscopic combined intrarenal surgery (microECIRS): A step-by-step guide. Urology Video Journal. 8. 100063. 10.1016/j.urolvj.2020.100063.
4. Gauhar, Vineet & Mangat, Reshma & Biligere, Sarvajit & Durai, Pradeep & Heng, Chin. (2021). Urology Action plan in a pandemic. Singapore Medical Journal. On line. 10.11622/smedj.2021081.
5. Chow MWL, Biligere S (2022) The Rare Case of the Migrated Tubal Ligation Clip Presenting As a Bladder Stone. Ann Case Report 7: 822. DOI: https://doi.org/10.29011/2574-7754.100822