Dr Vineet Gauhar completed his medical school training in India in 1998. He obtained his Master of General Surgery in 2003 and Master of Urology in 2007 with honours at the Sri Ramachandra Medical College, India. Thereafter, he served as an assistant professor and consultant urologist both at the university and private multi-national corporate hospitals until 2008. He obtained a Diploma in Minimally Invasive Surgery from Stratzburg, France in 2009 and Fellowship in Urology at the National University Hospital in Singapore in 2011. In 2014, he received his Diploma in Urology from the Academy of Medicine, Singapore and joined Ng Teng Fong General Hospital as a Principal Resident Physician.
Dr Vineet's specialty interests are in stone disease, renal cancer and laparoscopic surgery for kidney diseases. He has vast experience in retrograde intra-renal surgery and other minimally invasive procedures for calculus disease and kidney cancers. His areas of focus include male urethral disease and urethral reconstructive surgery, with his area of expertise extending to substitution urethroplasty.
With a key focus on teaching, clinical research and minimally invasive surgery for calculus and reneal diseases, Dr Vineet is actively involved in the development of the Urology service on JurongHealth Campus. He has served as an editor for journals and is actively involved with clinical presentations. He also participates regularly as a faculty member both in regional and international forums.
As a member of international institutions such as the Clinical Research Office of the Endourological Society (CROES), which is headquartered in New York, he continues to expand his experience in research.
1) Tan YQ, Gauhar V, Chiong E et al Psychological Health of Surgeons in a Time of COVID-19: A Global Survey. Ann Surg. 2021 Jan 22. doi: 10.1097/SLA.0000000000004775. [IF:12.97]
2) Ong CSH, Somani BK, Traxer O, Teoh JYC, Gauhar V et al Role and Importance of Ergonomics in Retrograde Intrarenal Surgery: Outcomes of a Narrative Review. J Endourol. 2022 Jan;36(1):1-12. doi: 10.1089/end.2021.0326. [ IF:4.286]
3) Lim EJ, Monga M, Cesare S, Vincentini FC, Traxer O, SomaniBK ,Gauhar V et al Propensity score-matched analysis comparing retrograde intrarenal surgery with percutaneous nephrolithotomy in anomalous kidneys. Minerva Urol Nephrol. 2022 Feb 11. doi: 10.23736/S2724-6051.22.04664-X.[ IF: 3.72]
4) Fong KY, Gauhar Visheh , Merseburger AS, Gauhar V et al . The utility of infographics and videographics in the modern era: maximising social media impact for research dissemination. World J Urol. 2022 May;40(5):1285-1286. doi: 10.1007/s00345-022-03980-x. Epub 2022 Mar 7. PMID: 35257234.[IF: 4.226]
5) Gauhar V, Gilling P,Teoh JY, Krambeck A, Castellani D et al . Does MOSES Technology Enhance the Efficiency and Outcomes of Standard Holmium Laser Enucleation of the Prostate? Results of a Systematic Review and Meta-analysis of Comparative Studies. Eur Urol Focus. 2022 Jan 29:S2405-4569(22)00036-0. doi: 10.1016/j.euf.2022.01.013. PMID: 35105516.[IF: 5.996]
6) Gabrielson AT, Skolarikos A, Gözen AS, Monga M, Chew BH, Teoh JYC, Traxer O, Somani BK, Gauhar V et al A Global Survey of Ergonomics Practice Patterns and Rates of Musculoskeletal Pain Among Urologists Performing Retrograde Intrarenal Surgery. J Endourol. 2022 May 6. doi: 10.1089/end.2022.0075. PMID: 35521646.[ IF 4.226]
7) Gauhar V, Bhojani N, Chughtai B, Zorn K, Elterman D. Rezum et al to the rescue: Early outcomes of Rezum on patients with recurrent lower urinary tract symptoms after surgical interventions for benign prostatic enlargement. Andrologia. 2022 Apr 26:e14450. doi: 10.1111/and.14450.. PMID: 35474587 [ IF: 2.775]
8) Castellani D,Teoh JY, Gauhar V, Rubilotta E et al Infection Rate after Transperineal Prostate Biopsy with and without Prophylactic Antibiotics: Results from a Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Comparative Studies. J Urol. 2022 Jan;207(1):25-34. doi: 10.1097/JU.0000000000002251. Epub 2021 Sep 24. PMID: 34555932. [ IF 7.45]
9) Scotland KB, Tailly T, Chew BH, Bhojani N, Smith D; Gauhar V et al TOWER Initiative: Consensus Statement on Urinary Stone Treatment During a Pandemic: A Delphi Process from the Endourological Society TOWER Research Initiative. J Endourol. 2022 Mar;36(3):335-344. doi: 10.1089/end.2021.0477. PMID: 35019782. [ IF 4.226]
10) García Rojo Somani B, Traxer O, Gauhar V et al Real-world Global Outcomes of Retrograde Intrarenal Surgery in Anomalous Kidneys: A High Volume International Multicenter Study. Urology. 2022 Jan;159:41-47. doi: 10.1016/j.urology.2021.10.003. Epub 2021 Oct 29. PMID: 34715241.[ IF: 2.649]