Dr Reshma Mangat graduated from the National University of Ireland Galway in 2014. She has been working as a Resident Physician at Ng Teng Fong General Hospital with the Division of Urology, Department of General Surgery 2020.
Dr Reshma's specialty interests are in Metabolic Stone Disease and she runs a clinic to screen patient with risk factors for stone disease and provide treatment in stone prevention. Surgically, she has a special interest in kidney stone disease, benign prostate hyperplasia (BPH) and minimally invasive surgery for kidney and prostate cancer.
Having a key interest in improving public care for urology patients, Dr Reshma Mangat provides teachings and hands-on practice to Nursing Home Nurses on catheter care and management. She also actively participates in research and has presented abstracts and papers at multiple regional and international conference. She has also been awarded Best Oral Presentation at the Urofair in Singapore. Furthermore, she has authored multiple publications in peer reviewed journals.
1. Mangat R, Biligere S, Heng CT, Durai P, Gauhar V. Urology action plan in a pandemic. Singapore Med J. 2021 Jun 18. doi: 10.11622/smedj.2021081.
2. Biligere S, Heng C-T, Cracco C, Mangat R, Ong CS-H, Thandapani K, Inoue T, Sarica K, Sabnis RB, Desai M, Scoffone C and Gauhar V (2021) Tips and Tricks to Improve Ergonomics, Efficacy, Versatility, and Overcome Limitations of Micro Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy. Front. Surg. 8:668928. doi: 10.3389/fsurg.2021.668928
3. Ong, Chloe Shu Hui; Biligere, Sarvajit; Mangat R; Thandapani, Karthik; Heng, Chin Tiong; Desai, Mahesh; Sabnis, Ravindra B.; Sarica, Kemal; Scoffone, Cesare; Gauhar, Vineet (2021) Micro endoscopic combined intrarenal surgery (microECIRS): A step-by-step guide. Urology Video Journal. Doi: 10.1016/j.urolvj.2020.100063
4. Raj Tiwari, S.H. Neo, R.Mangat, H.Ho. Prospective validation of a novel visual analogue uroflowmetry score (VAUS) in 1000 men with lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS). World Journal of Urology https://doi.org/10.1007/s00345-019-02909-1
5. Mangat R, Kuo T, Ho H.. Non-invasive investigation of lower urinary track symptoms in males. Asian Journal of Urology. 2018; 5(1): 42:47. 5.10.1016/j.ajur.2017.12.002