When a patient’s life is disrupted by interrupted sleep, sleeplessness and excessive daytime sleepiness, the proper therapy to resume a healthy sleep can be life-changing for the patient. The multi-disciplinary care team at the Sleep Disorders MDC Clinic comprises of a respiratory specialist, ENT (ear, nose and throat) surgeon, prosthodontist, orthodontist, oral maxillofacial surgeon, CPAP (Continuous Positive Airway Pressure) counsellor, psychologist, dietician, case manager and sleep laboratory technologist.
Together, the team provides holistic and continuous care to patients with sleep related disorders such as:
- Excessive daytime sleepiness
- Difficulty in initiating or maintaining sleep
- Frequent night-time awakening
- Sleep deprivation
- Snoring, obstructive sleep apnea and complex sleep breathing disorders
- Poor sleep hygiene
- Parasomnias eg. sleep talking, sleep walking, confusional arousals, REM-behavioral disorders, sleep bruxism and other abnormal behaviour during sleep
- Suspected night-time seizure
- Circadian rhythm misalignment sleep disorders, including those associated with shift work and jet lag
- Sleep related movement disorders eg. restless legs syndrome and bruxism
Our multi-disciplinary approach allows our healthcare professionals to work closely with patients and their families. The specialists (bariatric surgeon, endocrinologist, neurologist, psychiatrist, cardiologist and anaesthesiologist) and family physicians work together to provide comprehensive and coordinated patient care and offer patients the full spectrum of tools and possible treatments.
Schedule an appointment with our Sleep Disorders Multi-disciplinary Care team.